Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Naughty Recycling

I remember when my first vibrator broke. Not only was it tragic to lose something that had seen me through such good times, but it also caused pangs of grief in my heart to know that my cute little yellow vibrator would end up in a landfill somewhere, polluting the earth. Thanks to one of my newly discovered modern heros, Mr. David Kowalsky, I can now rest easy when the time comes to say goodbye to one of my plastic friends. Founder of RecycleMySexToy.com, Mr. Kowalsky takes old sex toys and breaks them down into their recyclable parts that are then sent off to companies that will use them. Not only do women gain the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping the planet, they also receive a $10 gift certificate towards one of Mr. Kowalsky's partner sites such as VibratorShopping.com. The cycle of sustainability and pleasure continues!

In addition to recycling sex toys, the website features a section of "10 Ways You Can Go Green," where, along with the usual advice to hop on a bike or eat locally, readers are urged to enjoy romantic candlelit dinners and shower together to save water. Indeed, sex and saving the environment are not as far removed as one might think. Coming up, eco-friendly lube and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment